Thursday, April 25, 2013

NFL Draft 2013 - It's finally here!





It's finally here, Day 1 of the 2013 NFL Draft!! While the talent in this years draft is not as exciting or talented as last year's crop, I am still excited none the less. I am rooting for my Notre Dame boys for sure, especially Manti Te'o and Tyler Eifert. Eifert is predicted by some to go in the top 10, I can't remember the last time that happened (I am guessing it's been ages). Also for the first time in a long while, Notre Dame could have two first round picks in the first round in consecutive years. After Michael Floyd and Harrison Smith went #13 and #29 overall in 2012. Some other talented Irish players who look to fair well in the draft are Cierre Wood RB, Theo Rissick RB, Braxton Cave C, Kapron Lewis-Moore DE, and Zeke Motta S. I remember a few short years ago watching and hardly any Notre Dame players were drafted throughout all 7 rounds. My how the have made strides.

I was watching the 30 for 30 the other night on the 1983 draft with John Elway and Dan Marino and was intrigues to learn more about the history of the NFL Draft. I came across a great article on Bleacher Report detailing the history of the NFL Draft since it's inception in 1936. See the link below.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1077925-history-of-the-nfl-draft-how-has-the-process-evolved-over-time



No comments:

Post a Comment