Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Crush of the Week - J.J. Watt



 Decided I would start a new weekly posting called My Crush of the Week. As anyone who knows me knows, I have had a crush on Tim Tebow for about 6 years. My girlfriends all though it was funny last year when Tebow-mania went wild because I have been talking about him non-stop for years (what can I say, I am a trend setter). Not only is he handsome, athletic, kind and intelligent, he also seemingly has a heart of gold when it comes to his charitable work. These are the types of guys I will be dedicating this weekly entry to; guy who are more than just their looks and use their celebrity for a greater good.

  This week's inaugural recipient is J.J. Watt, defensive end for the Houston Texans. When J.J. isn't busy sacking QB's or swatting down passes (how many of Mark Sanchez's did he swat down?) he spends time bonding with 3 orphan's he befriend earlier this year when their parents were killed in a head on collision. The accident left the sister Willa severely injured and the 2 boys paralyzed from the waist down.




The article reads as follows J.J. Watt Sack Celebration


A connection with a local family prompted J.J. Watt to alter his signature sack celebration Sunday.
After the Houston Texans star brought down Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne during the fourth quarter of a 43-37 overtime win, Watt mimed the motion of moving a wheelchair. He did it in honor of Willa, Aaron and Peter Berry, three children who were orphaned in July 2011, when a head-on collision killed their parents.
Willa, who was then 6, was severely injured in the accident. Aaron, then 8, and Peter, then 9, were paralyzed from the waist down. Watt has developed a close relationship with the Houston-area children.
"I was eating dinner at their house on Friday night," Watt said, via the Houston Chronicle. "They said they're going to be watching the game. They said give us a signal. I said OK, when I get a sack, I'll do the wheelchair."
Watt and the children came up with the idea for the sack celebration while playing a game of wheelchair basketball last week. When Watt got his opportunity, he didn't disappoint.




Below is the link for the foundation that was set up for the Berry Children, lots of adorable pics of J.J. with the boys.
https://www.facebook.com/BerryChildren


So not only is J.J. attractive and talented, he also has a heart of gold. What more could a girl ask for? Well done J.J., it’s always nice to see someone using their celebrity for a greater good.

That's all for now,

Sassy

P.S. Please send any suggestions for next weeks crush of the week, who and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment