Sunday, November 18, 2012

Notre Dame is #1!!!



Last night while I was out I looked at twitter and saw that both #1 K-State and #2 Oregon had been upset (awesomely enough be RGIII and Andrew Luck's replacements). I at once became giddy with happiness like a little kid. I don't think I was even that happy the day I met Tim Tebow. As a life long fan of ND, I truly never thought this day would come again. These past 16 years have been brutal since Holtz left.

Do I believe ND is better than likely to be #2 'Bama, probably not. But hey no one thought that ND could beat Oklahoma, so all things are possible if they meet in the National Championship.

ND's last stop en route to the National Championship is a game at the Coliseum in LA vs. USC next Saturday. It's always a great game between these 2 with USC winning most of the games as of late. I mean who could forget the 2005 "Bush Push", the same season USC went on to have their butts whipped by Vince Young and the Texas Longhorns in the National Championship. USC came into this season with a lot of hype and high expectations ranked #1. QB Matt Barkley came back this season for his senior year for a chance to play for the National Championship or go to a Bowl (since their bowl suspension is over) AND win the Heisman as he was the clear favorite in the beginning of the season. I feel bad for the kid because he no longer has a shot at the Heisman, USC kind of sucks this year (despite being loaded with talent) and he separated his shoulder when he was sacked last night in a loss to UCLA.  I don't wish an injury on anyone, but ND's road to the National Championship seems a lot easier now that Barkley is likely out next week and frosh Max Wittek starting in his place.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/11/18/magnitude-of-notre-dames-2012-brand-restoration-hinges-on-usc-game/

As always, the past has taught me to be cautiously optimistic with ND every game; expect the worse, hope for the best.

All I know is I will be out in full ND garb next Saturday at 8pm ready to watch ND beat USC and head to the National Championship. GO IRISH!

Till next time,

Sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment